Among our vino products are selections from Robert Mondavi Winery, located in the heart of the Napa Valley and renowned for its world-class wines. We carry all lines, including the popular Napa Valley series. Being sourced from superior vineyard sites like Oakville, Stag’s Leap, and Carneros provides the diversity for these complex and elegant creations.
We’ve highlighted a couple of varietals from the Napa series (with a focus on the 2011 vintage).
- The winery itself refers to this cab as “a lush, fruity core of ripe blackberry, juicy red and black currant, and sweet crème de cassis” … “interwoven with black currant leaf, mocha, and a savory hint of black pepper.”
- Others describe it as medium to full-bodied with a deep ruby color and complex flavor providing a long, elegant finish. Depending on your palate, aromas and flavors may hint of plum or even violet, but most agree on a distinct herbal character that pairs nicely with red meat.
- It scored 9-9.5 at last year’s Auction Napa Valley tasting, described with tones of bright cherry, earth, mineral, and cola.
- The winemakers describe it as “…juicy Honeycrisp apple, citrus-laced Asian pear, ripe melon, and fresh quince…intermingled with vanilla-scented crème brûlée, subtle minerality, and traces of warm hazelnut and clove.”
- Some insist this is the chardonnay against which all others should be measured. Its fruity boldness is most obvious in the apple flavor, while the mineral element amplifies this characteristic to reveal melon and hazelnut as well.
- The word “creamy” is used often to describe the finish. Well-balanced and easy-to-drink, it makes a nice aperitif and a great pairing with white-sauce pastas, seafood, and other chardonnay favorites.
From the most sophisticated wine drinkers to more casual enthusiasts, both selections get rave reviews for high quality at reasonable prices.
If you live across the river, we’re confident that our wide variety, reasonable prices, and helpful staff will meet or exceed that of any liquor store Little Rock has to offer.
Call (501) 851-9903, or contact us here.